Nicole's Journal: What I've Been Up To The Past Month...#Backfrommyhiatus
Hmmmn where do I start from...
Some time last month ..I took up the courage to apply for a teaching course in yoga and got in..hence the silence here!
I've had an interest in the practice for quite a while..when the opportunity came up to learn how to teach yoga...I jumped on it
I most say it's been 5 weeks of intense ..deep ..and whatever adjective you can think of....work !
I've learnt so much..it may not seem like such a big deal but believe me when I say it's huge!
Never knew yoga was that deep..when I took up the course..in my mind it was just a regular work out routine since fitness is my forte.. It will be easy (I said to myself) afterall it's all about the physical work but..who sigh!..
It goes beyond that.. there is the mental and emotional as well..relating to ones self...
we had to learn and unlearn and learn again..from self discovery to the physical practise ...anatomy and physiology to meditation...awareness and a whole lot more....
I realised it's not beans!!! (lol)
I barely had time for myself...but I'm proud to say I am a 200 hour yoga teacher graduant!
If I don't give myself some accolades who will! (side note)
I had a friend who once said yoga is a religion..its spiritual and demonic...bla..bla...infact I also had my inhibitions too..until I got into this program!
There is no such thing whatsoever..it deals more with focusing on the mind and body..I began to wonder where all that talk came from..yes yoga originated from ancient India and it is known that some people practise some form of Hindu spiritualism but contemporary yoga has nothing to do with spirituality or religion!
In fact whatever religion you ascribe to can be used in your practise if you so wish!
As a Christian.. I can decide to meditate on scriptures or encourage people on some scriptures in the practise!
I am so glad I got the opportunity to do this...its opened up my mind on a whole lot..even discovered things I didn't know about myself!
It's taught me patience...compassion...perseverance love..openness ..non judgementalism...giving back to the community..and a whole lot more!
Not forgetting also the benefits one gains from it ..such as mindfulness..calmness and peace
Even got to make new friends in the process!
Very grateful for the opportunity and glad that I jumped on it...
So here's saying life is for the living...anything you set your heart to do..go for it..encourage yourself be intentional and true to yourself....
Be consistent...
stay the course...
See some photos below







Comments
Post a Comment
Please drop a comment! Xoxo