Rant: House Hunting Saga!...
So for days now,i've been wanting to share/ talk about my challenge in getting accommodation in this town called Lagos! Do not even know how or where to even start. Why is it so hard to get good accommodation?! #sigh
First you have to contact these interesting breed of human beings called 'real estate agents'. Fake!- I will call them. You call up one and the first thing they tell you is 'you go pay agent fee oh' you pay and then they can't even find you a place. They will ask you to show up that there's a fantastic place they want to show you at the end of the day you won't even inspect one apartment! Some of them will even take you round the whole Lagos. It is either the person with the key is not around or they are coming and they are still in traffic and then they never show up. Sometimes sef, it is when you get there that they remember to start calling up colleagues for available places. Like really,if you were not going to work,why ask me to pay you an agennt fee?!
Then there are the ones who after you have paid them fees,ask you to drop money for recharge card...hmmmn. Or is it the ones that after you have picked them up to take you for inspection & they finish taking you round,now ask you for transport fare back to wherever it is!
I'm like "Is this not your work? When you get me an apartment,ain't you entitled to a percentage from the the fee?"
Right now I don't know if I am making sense or not but I have had enough of these agents and even in some cases landlords who all in the vein of making money erect structures that are not supposed to be and then attach outrageous prices to them then give conditions of the type of tenants that they seek! Some will show you "cubic holes" excuse me..m & ask you to pay some ridiculous amount. And the ambitious hungry agents will try to convince you to take the place because they want to make quick money and move on to the next availabe sheep goat to exploit.
I feel like government should really look into this housing issue & is there an agency that regulate or check such!
I hear that lagos state government put a yearly rentage plan....yet they are still asking for one to pay two years for an apartment!
If you have ever house hunted am sure you can relate with my story.
Sorry if am unable to properly organise my thoughts...its because am tired frustrated and scattered.
Its been three months now and am yet to find a place.
I may continue to update you guys on my progress or frustration as the case may be!


Comments
Post a Comment
Please drop a comment! Xoxo