Nicole's Journal : Only In Lagos...I Was Sold A Ripe Unripe Plantain + My Day Shenanigans
#Abitofalongpost!🤗
In my mind, I had my day planned out ... by 8:00pm latest I will be done with my activities for the day and just chill at home!. So I thought!
The day started quite early..cos there were a thousand and one things to be done.
first of.. 8:00 am church bound for women's prayer meeting..
Next stop....head to the seamstress for dress fittings.....and that's where the drama started...if you don't know a place in this Lagos eeehn..people will use your head and you'll be lost!
My phone was dead and so I could't use google map
The tailors address if explained properly earlier would have been easy to locate.. So here goes... my journey..I was headed to the mainland from the island..yaba to be precise...
I missed my way thats how the sister kept driving in circles oh and this Lagos people...with their over sabi (know itall) directing and redirecting me wrongly! (dear Lagos ITK's.. if you are not sure of a place when someone ask's please just say so than opposed to giving the wrong description!)
finally got to my destination with the help of the tailor at 2:30pm...phew! it was'nt funny at all mind you...I have swimming lessons and salon runs later in the day!
At 3:20pm pool bound...but first...call the salon and inform them of my plans to visit...
salon owner: you have to book your slot I have 8 people in line waiting..if you don't mind waiting..you can head down!
me: sure thing..I'll let you know as soon as am headed dow there!
My thoughts: quickly go for swimming lessons ( oh yes as old as I is..😁I can't swim!🙈) and by the time you are done, the salon crowd would have eased out..#whosay!
Anyway got to pool at 4:00pm...do just an hour class and head for the salon... today was my 4th day at the pool and for some weird reason..I can't seem to stay afloat the water..I keep swimming underground...pool instructor is tired of me already lol...'R5ome wasn't built in a day joor' I will get it eventually
Finally got to the salon at 5:00pm and the attendants were upset with people who came in at about the same time ...cos it meant late closure... I'm sure they would have cursed us!
Anyhoo....I didn't even think I will spend such a long time..tops 2/3 hours and am out..shior!
Decided to dye my hair again...(who sent me message)
My hair refused to absorb the colour oh...after spending over an hour under the dryer...
They had to re apply more dye to the hair ...another hour..gush!
eventually some colour...practically forced myself out the dryer!
Done with hair finally at about 9:20pm
Been craving ripe boiled plantain for the day..so on my way home from the salon luckily or should I say unfortunately... found this women who sell by the road side and so I bought this wanabe ripe plantain...in my mind..my day is complete..can't wait to devour the succulent taste!
Got home quickly took a shower..boiled the plantain.. and lo and behold my ripe plantain isn't ripe in anyway...
oh the disappointment!☹
I got an unripe plantain meanwhile the body was yellow oh..like all those yallow slay mama's😉
A friend of mine had mentioned once about this plantain deception but I didn't think it was anything until today!
My dear readers I ate it like that oh...did I have a choice?
oh I forgot the part were my Muslim brothers blocked my street..don't know what they are celebrating..there are canopies and chairs all over the place?! After all the stress of the day..I couldn't drive down to my house and right now they are constituting a nuisance in the neighborhood...
there goes my sleep!
Are there bodies or organisations who check these things?! ..Is it right for anyone to block a whole street and obstruct people's commute?
In all of this tho...I choose to remain calm and positive!😁
taken deep breathes..so am fine!
Deuces 😘
#spreadlove
See the plantain and my hair final look!
yay or nay?!
In my mind, I had my day planned out ... by 8:00pm latest I will be done with my activities for the day and just chill at home!. So I thought!
The day started quite early..cos there were a thousand and one things to be done.
first of.. 8:00 am church bound for women's prayer meeting..
Next stop....head to the seamstress for dress fittings.....and that's where the drama started...if you don't know a place in this Lagos eeehn..people will use your head and you'll be lost!
My phone was dead and so I could't use google map
The tailors address if explained properly earlier would have been easy to locate.. So here goes... my journey..I was headed to the mainland from the island..yaba to be precise...
I missed my way thats how the sister kept driving in circles oh and this Lagos people...with their over sabi (know itall) directing and redirecting me wrongly! (dear Lagos ITK's.. if you are not sure of a place when someone ask's please just say so than opposed to giving the wrong description!)
finally got to my destination with the help of the tailor at 2:30pm...phew! it was'nt funny at all mind you...I have swimming lessons and salon runs later in the day!
At 3:20pm pool bound...but first...call the salon and inform them of my plans to visit...
salon owner: you have to book your slot I have 8 people in line waiting..if you don't mind waiting..you can head down!
me: sure thing..I'll let you know as soon as am headed dow there!
My thoughts: quickly go for swimming lessons ( oh yes as old as I is..😁I can't swim!🙈) and by the time you are done, the salon crowd would have eased out..#whosay!
Anyway got to pool at 4:00pm...do just an hour class and head for the salon... today was my 4th day at the pool and for some weird reason..I can't seem to stay afloat the water..I keep swimming underground...pool instructor is tired of me already lol...'R5ome wasn't built in a day joor' I will get it eventually
Finally got to the salon at 5:00pm and the attendants were upset with people who came in at about the same time ...cos it meant late closure... I'm sure they would have cursed us!
Anyhoo....I didn't even think I will spend such a long time..tops 2/3 hours and am out..shior!
Decided to dye my hair again...(who sent me message)
My hair refused to absorb the colour oh...after spending over an hour under the dryer...
They had to re apply more dye to the hair ...another hour..gush!
eventually some colour...practically forced myself out the dryer!
Done with hair finally at about 9:20pm
Been craving ripe boiled plantain for the day..so on my way home from the salon luckily or should I say unfortunately... found this women who sell by the road side and so I bought this wanabe ripe plantain...in my mind..my day is complete..can't wait to devour the succulent taste!
Got home quickly took a shower..boiled the plantain.. and lo and behold my ripe plantain isn't ripe in anyway...
oh the disappointment!☹
I got an unripe plantain meanwhile the body was yellow oh..like all those yallow slay mama's😉
A friend of mine had mentioned once about this plantain deception but I didn't think it was anything until today!
My dear readers I ate it like that oh...did I have a choice?
oh I forgot the part were my Muslim brothers blocked my street..don't know what they are celebrating..there are canopies and chairs all over the place?! After all the stress of the day..I couldn't drive down to my house and right now they are constituting a nuisance in the neighborhood...
there goes my sleep!
Are there bodies or organisations who check these things?! ..Is it right for anyone to block a whole street and obstruct people's commute?
In all of this tho...I choose to remain calm and positive!😁
taken deep breathes..so am fine!
Deuces 😘
#spreadlove
See the plantain and my hair final look!
yay or nay?!





Comments
Post a Comment
Please drop a comment! Xoxo