Nicole's Journal : My weekend! #LTF








I Had a very busy week/ weekend..( Hence the silence) So the Lagos Theatre Festival took place from the 27 feb-4th mar and I was able to attend over the weekend!



The Lagos Theater Festival was founded by British Council in 2013, it  is a festival to present performing arts from Nigeria and the UK every February in Lagos. It has a part focus on presenting site specific work.
 This year they had about over 100 shows from 47 companies / producers across Lagos Island and Mainland. There were shows in ikorodu and epe.. it was nice to see that people on the mainland  were not left out!

I had missed previous editions of the festival and made it a point of duty to attend this year..since I've been away from the industry for quite a while now...it was interesting to see new and old faces..had a lot of people asking me..where have been ...( Like  they were truelly looking for me) lol please oh.. I am back now, you people come and give me work!😁

I must commend the curators and organizers for a beautiful experience even though a lot of the plays were happening concurrently at the same time which made it difficult for one to see that many plays, it was hard to choose what plays to see...

Kudos to all the producers, directors, actors, and their entire team for adding their creative juices in delivering beautiful performances!


The experience was a bit nostalgic  and reminded me  of how much I have missed being in the game!


So on the Last day of the festival.. a friend of mine and I were just chilling and taking in all the activities going on around us when suddenly a guy just walks up to us and stands right in front of us, brought out his phone and was about to take a selfie with us ...jeez..Like where was that coming from..people  are indeed  crazy in this town...I literally pushed his hand with the phone away..like the guts! What are you taking our picture for? It's not like he was a photographer or anything even the  photographers at the event will inform you before taking any close up picture!
It's never before seen...don't now if he was drunk or not okay in the head.. it was very strange to me!
 He couldn't explain his reason for doing that!

There is nothing one won't see in this Lagos!

Anyway here's hoping you have a fruitful week!


Deuces✌






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nicole's Journal: What I've Been Up To The Past Month...#Backfrommyhiatus

Nicole's Journal... Friends Who Marry and Cut You Off Because You Are Single!!!

See Why Tyler Perry Doesn't Like People Singing Happy Birthday To Him