Nicole's Journal....The Third Mainland CommotionThis Morning!!!
On my way to church this morning on third mainland bridge ..there was traffic...
It was a first knowing that it's a Sunday morning where the roads are usually free flowing.
I look ahead and see alot of commotion and the first thing that comes to mind is .... Accident
there were LASEMA (Lagos State Emergency Management Agency) vehicles by the barricade and officials trying to direct the traffic.
I could see a crane abi is it a lift now (those things they use in lifting heavy equipments) anyhuu..it was obvious that they were trying to get something out of the water.
On getting close to the scene ..they had like 5 cars involved ..a burnt car on the side and 4 other cars. I see human beings with blood all over.. my heart skipped and I started speaking in tongues and angry at myself for even looking. I didn't understand why there were a lot of officials and media house recording and videoing ... nobody seemed to be interested in attending to the victims...
I discovered later, that it was a simulation exercise being carried out by the LASEMA and every other first responders department of the state..
Hmmmn...what a relief...I legit thought the accident was real! gush the sight was a bit scary
Although it would have been nice if the public was informed prior to this day..so people could have made alternate arrangements
The surprise was just too much..imagine how many other people felt the same way I did..believing that it was real!
Anyway thankGod it went smoothly and I hope that the excersize in some way has helped the department's involved to handle such situations...swiftly and effectively when the need arises
Dear Lagos state government..next time tho.... keep us in the loop as against explaining/apologizing afterwards!
Thank you..
More Photos below...
photo credit: #Lasemasocial





Comments
Post a Comment
Please drop a comment! Xoxo