Nicole's Culinary....My 2nd Attempt In Making Fried Rice!!!


Decided to put my culinary skills to work once again... my second attempt in making fried rice 😁🙈 (issa big deal)

Growing up at home in Port Harcourt.. I dreaded kitchen work..(Cooking)...I avoided it like a plague!

My mum knew not to involve me cos I will fail woefully... the only thing then I could do was boil water and maybe make  eba.. even to boil rice...'I sucked' It didn't really matter because my sisters were available to do the needful..so I will gladly do the other house chores and avoid the kitchen!

Found myself in the hospitality business at some point...  in the garde manger section.... took awhile for me to enjoy it..still didn't like cooking though!

Fast forward to a few years later..I moved to Lagos and had to fend for myself... the friend I stayed with at the time didn't care for home cooked meal..and I had already been spoiled at home ...to adjust to the Lagos style of eating anything and anywhere took a toll on me and I eventually had to start learning how to make my own dishes..every now and again I would call my mum and ask bout certain dishes and preparations ( Did I mention that my mum is a badass cook ) anyone who stayed with her turned out to be a fantastic  cook... but not me..#shame

Anyhuu...with trial and error I got better and began to enjoy cooking eventually!

Throwback to last Christmas.. I decided to make fried rice and I called my mum for recipe and she was disappointed...lol

Yeah..I know how to make good food now but I've never made fried rice by myself!
She put me through and the result was very impressive and taste was oooh so good.
So days back I had cravings for fried rice again and went on to prepare it  😁

See how it turned out below



The process












Next try is moi-moi...I'lld update here!



Ps...been a minute... (been pretty occupied lately)
hence the long gist! lol

#Deuces✌



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nicole's Journal: What I've Been Up To The Past Month...#Backfrommyhiatus

Nicole's Journal... Friends Who Marry and Cut You Off Because You Are Single!!!

See Why Tyler Perry Doesn't Like People Singing Happy Birthday To Him