Nicole's Journal.....This is Child Abuse Oh!
There's a little girl..she should be about 12/13 years of age who stays across from my house!
She lives with an elderly lady and her daughter and they run a canteen!
Initially they had staffs..that cook and run the business but all of a sudden ..I woke up one morning and discovered that the staffs have been laid off and now the shop is being left to this girl and one other older girl of about 15/16 years... they brought from the village after laying off all their staff !
Now my worry is...this child was made to leave school...she gets up as early as 5:am and works all through the day till late..say 9/10 pm
One day..I got back and saw her dozing off..looking very exhausted and all..so I asked what's wrong with her and she complained that she's not had any food all day...this is a child that is up very early and has to work the whole day..so I ask what about your mummy ( that is the owner of the shop and lady she stays with) has she eaten?! yes..she has eaten morning and afternoon food!
Hmmmn but you haven't eaten why!..
I will have to finish work first before I eat?!
This doesn't make sense to me at all..how is that even possible..like how does she expect the poor child to have the energy to keep working without food and this is a norm...
So one of the days I told her to inform her aunt that she is hungry and want's to eat then get back to me on the woman's response..
Luckily she gave her food that day after she complained
Of course I give her money and food whenever I can..infact she mentioned that most times she uses the money I give her to buy food!
At some point I got really angry and confused like should I get some kind of body involved. ...is this even right? How do you relegate a job meant for adults to children and then still starve them in the process!
One of the occasions where I had an opportunity to chat with her..she says if she is able to go home this Christmas..she won't come back but the issue is..even if she goes back to her people..her mother will send her to another uncle or aunt to live with!
This is not right at all...don't get why people will bring children into this world to just suffer...like if you can't cater for them ..don't bother having any abeg!
It's just sad!

Comments
Post a Comment
Please drop a comment! Xoxo